Please Note: Rules that have * at the end will have punishments listed at the bottom of their respective section. All other rules should have a punishment listed after their respective rule.
WoonRO In-Game and Forum Rules
Character Naming Rules
- Do not use any variation of "GM" or the name of a GM in your character's name, guild name, or guild title. GM impersonation is considered an attempt to scam players and will not be tolerated. Accounts we deem to fall within this rule will be banned immediately and permanently. Repeat offenders will be IP banned.
- Do not impersonate other players. If you want to use a variation of the name of someone else, they have the right to report you. If you want to use such a variation, ask the person if it's ok and screen shot the answer as a valid proof. *
- Do not use inappropriate names. We believe this was common sense, but it obviously isn't. example: 'King of f---' *
Punishments for section
- You will receive a @mail (or in-game pm) asking you to change your name. You've got 3 days to contact one of the Game Masters (on the forums or in-game) with a new appropriate name. If you do not contact a GM after 3 days with a new appropriate name; the character will be deleted. Any and all items/zeny on that character will be lost as well. We will not return any lost items because of this.
- Trading in-game items for anything aside from in-game currency is forbidden. Advertising this will get you jailed for 24 hours. Taking part in this will have your account banned permanently.
- Always use English on the @main chat, in Prontera and during GM-hosted Events. Those who fail to do so will be muted for a period of time set by the punishing GM.
- Do not beg for zeny, items, leech or anything else. *
- Do not spam annoying skills (e.g. Ice Wall, Storm Gust, etc.) in town. *
- Do not block NPCs with your Chats or Vending Signs. You have to be at the very least 4 cells away from the respective NPC (this means a gap of 3 free cells to all directions!). Those who do this will be disconnected; repeat offenders will be jailed in 15minutes increments.
- All B/S/T chats must be on the sidewalk. Any of these on the street (even just 1 cell on) will be disconnected; repeat offenders will be jailed in 15 minutes increments.
- Respect all members of the server (players and GMs). *
- Do not harass other players. This is the act of swearing at/insulting an individual for an extended period of time. If swearing/insulting continues after the player has asked them to stop, this will still count as harassment. The only exception to this rule is when the harassment is related to PVP/GVG/WoE/BG. *
- B/S/T messages are NOT allowed in #main. Keep these messages in #vending. When advertising these messages; ensure there is a 5 minute delay between each. Punishing GM will have the ability to determine the appropriate punishment. Repeat offenders will have an increased punishment.
- Do not spam. Multiple lines of the same text in a short period of time is spam. *
- Do not advertise other RO servers. *
- All MvPs and mini boss monsters are FFA (Free For All). *
- Gms will not get involved with issues of Ksing.
- It is up to you to find a method of hunting MvPs that will protect you from being Ksed.
- Griefing is not allowed, in the sense of luring monsters on top of a group attempting to hunt (Mini Boss or MvP monsters). Any reports of griefing must contain evidence.
- Respect and be courteous to ALL WoonRO Staff. If you're planning on accusing a WoonRO Staff member of anything you must have proof. If you do have proof, please report these occurrences privately to the Admin directly on the forums (through a PM). This ensures your privacy when reporting and ensures the accused staff member cannot alter what you may post. All topics accusing a WoonRO Staff member will be deleted right away.
Punishments for section
- First offense: Official warning. (Possible 5 minute mute, GM’s decision)
- Second offense: 30 minutes jail.
- Third offense: 3 hour jail.
- Any further offense may result in a temporary or even permanent ban.
Vending Area Code of Conduct
- Any and all vending must be done in the vending area. *
- You must not block other players shops. *
- All vends in the Vending area must be in a straight line above the vending signs. *
Punishments for this section
- Punishing GM will determine the appropriate punishment. Typical punishment could be; your merchant will be d/c and/or jailed for 1 hour.
Rules regarding Cheating
- Botting, Hacking, Item duping, editing the client & 3rd party programs of any sorts are not tolerated. *
- Exploiting bugs that result in the gain of large quantities of zeny or items, or disrupting the server is forbidden. If a bug like this is found, please report it immediately. *
- If you happen to find another way of cheating, no matter how, it's still forbidden. Because it's not here, doesn't mean it's allowed! *
Punishments for section
- First offense will likely result in a temporary or permanent ban. This means the WoonRO Staff reserve the right to ban you for violating these rules, at least until further investigation is done.
Sharing Accounts and/or Items
- Sharing your account(s) with another player is your responsibility. Any and all lost/stolen items/zeny will not be returned by the WoonRO Staff. All the above rules apply to you even if someone else uses your account. So if they break a rule on your account, your account will be punished (and possibly your IP).
- Sharing your own items/zeny with any other player is also your responsibility. Typically the WoonRO Staff will not return any stolen items/zeny. With one exception, if you can provide us with proof they are just borrowing the item. An example would be multiple screen shots showing the transaction. This can be done by simply though a PM or regular chat by both of you saying something like…
- P1: I am only allowing you to borrow this item till I request it back. When I ask for it back you will return it ok?
- P2: I agree. / I will return this item when you ask.
If said player refuses to return said item; you should contact WoonRO Staff asap for assistance. Although, this does not guarantee the return of your item. Each and every report of this style will be considered by the WoonRO Staff on a case-by-case basis. Any players we deem to be exploiting this rule will be punished accordingly as well. Punishments for people breaking/exploiting this rule will be decided by the WoonRO Staff member handling the report.
AFK Farming and Botting Rules
- AFK farming is not allowed for all classes. Alchemists and Creators in particular are not to AFK hunt with their homunculus. *
- AFKing and/or idling in BG is NOT allowed. If you enter BG you must be active and take part in BG. *
- Botting is not allowed. Characters who we determine are bots will have their accounts permanently banned. Repeat offenders will have their IP banned.
Punishment for section
- 1st offence: Mute and jail based on the situation.
- 2nd offence: 1 days in jail
- 3rd offence: 2 days in jail
- 4th offence: Temporary account ban
- 5th offence: Permanent account and IP ban
War of Emperium
- Emperium hugging is against the rules. If you don't know what emp hugging is, this is the act of dropping items or players around the emperium so that it is impossible to attack it. E-calling within one cell of the emp also counts as emp hugging. *
- Do not intentionally obstruct another guilds warp by putting warp portals to other areas. Also, blocking castle entrance portals, with skills, items or chat boxes (i.e. warp portal, ice wall, etc) is considered griefing and is punishable. *
- As a proper WoE guild you must have a guild emblem. Do not use inappropriate content or copy another guilds' emblem. Using no emblem at all to gain any sort of advantage will not be tolerated as well. *
Punishment for section
- 1st offence: Your char will be jailed for the duration of WoE.
- 2nd offence: Your char will be jailed and forbidden to attend the next WoE.
- 3rd offence: Your char will be jailed or temporarily banned for a week based on the situation.
- Any further offense might result in a temporary or even permanent ban.
- Do not troll or flame others for any reason. *
- Keep all swearing to a minimum. *
- Any and all racism will get your topic/post deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned.
- No repetitive topics or posts by the same user (No Spamming). Duplicate topics/posts will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned.
- Any and all types of pornographic material will have your topic/post deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned.
- Harassment is not allowed. *
- Do not advertise any products or private servers in forum topics or status updates. *
- Edits by the WoonRO Staff may not be re-edited. If you want to add something, do it in a new post. *
- Always provide proof for reports that you make on forums. Otherwise just PM a GM rather than making it public with no evidence and causing unwanted drama. *
Punishments for section
- 1st offense: First official warning and the post/topic will be deleted or edited.
- 2nd offense: Topic/Post deleted without warning.
- 3rd offense: The user will be temporary banned from the forums for 1-3 days (depends on severity). The post/topic will be deleted.
- Any further violation will result in your in-game characters being involved into the punishment as well as a possible permanent forum ban.
- Apart from the mentioned rules and their respective punishments, GMs reserve the right to administer any form of punishment with just cause (This depends on the situation or through a majority consensus on the GMs).
- Users caught evading any rules in any way for any reason will be punished accordingly.
- As a player of WoonRO, you are expected to read and know the rules. Ignorance is not an excuse. You may ask a staff member to explain a rule if you are unsure or confused about one.